Colorado BOCES Association
JOINING FORCES TO ENRICH EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
For BOCES job opportunities not posted here, please go to the “Member Websites” links and visit their websites for job postings.
Northwest BOCES Executive Director Position
The Application Process
An application to be completed online at www.nwboces.org includes:
- A current professional resume
- Transcripts, placement papers and/or credentials requested by the applicant from college or university placement center (photocopies are acceptable)
- Three recent letters of recommendation (dated within the past two years)
- Names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references with current, relevant knowledge of
the applicant’s qualifications
- Any current licenses that relate to this position
Answers to the following questions, citing examples of past experiences, no longer than one typewritten page each:
- Discuss your professional goals, where you expect to be in 5‐10 years, and your interest in Northwest Colorado. Include your professional educational background and discuss your highest achievements and greatest strengths.
- Describe how you would provide leadership to support superintendents, building principals, teachers, specialized staff, and community in our diverse member school districts to increase student achievement.
- Describe how you would approach budget development and management, given that over 50% of our budget relates to staff costs and that we have many different funding streams.
All materials will be accepted and treated confidentially. When an applicant becomes a finalist, all records will become available for public inspection with the exception of letters of reference and medical, psychological and sociological data.
Travel expenses for finalists will be provided.
Applicants should not make direct contact with members of the NW BOCES board.
The NW BOCES is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, religion, gender, handicap/disability, sexual orientation or veteran status